It's worth noting that it won't be visible for unregistered users on OS X, however.
Sublime Text 2 understands syntax in a manner that should make nested syntax highlighting possible.
Within a certain syntax scope, e.g. string.quoted.double.java, support the creation of rules by the user which will cause a syntax-mode switch for the contents of that text's scope.
For example, we might create a rule: when in string.quoted.double.java, if the contained text matches /^SELECT/, apply .SQL syntax highlighting to that text instead.
This could also be used to support per-file syntax highlighting in the find-in-all-files result buffer.
Some additional rule/configuration may be required to handle comprehension of string concatenation which varies by language, e.g. "some" + "thing" and multiline concatenations. Sublime would need to apply a nexted syntax-mode to all the parts of such a string whenever the (whole) string matches a rule.
The rules' criteria should support arbitrary python for cases which don't match a regex well; that code should be able to examine the parent scopes' text to make its assessment (e.g. examining a string variable's declared name in one's code to determine the string's syntax).
In a given file the user should be able to arbitrarily change the syntax-mode of any individual syntax-scope in any buffer, through the right click context menu or other method.
Syncing settings files and plugins list with Gist
This feature will provide possibility to sync your settings' files and plugins-list.
I propose to use Gist to synchronize all the stuff.
http://dabblet.com/ give me a cue to use Gist to store text blocks for using from different computers.
Sync work is including several steps (method's logic was taken form google chrome sync):
- You provide your github accounts info (mail and password).
- Sublime Text 2 (ST2) connects to Gist and downloads all settings and full-detailed list of plugins used by you (list of downloaded, installed, enabled, disabled plugins).
- ST2 overrides your current settings (settings used before sync) with settings from Gist, then adds to syncing setting non-conflictable sections of code.
- After applying syncing to your current config settings will be sent to Gist again to sync re-formed settings.
- Syncing list of plugins is similar to syncing settings.
Note #1: ST2 should provide github's account data hiding (not posting this section of config) from posting to Gist
Note #2: http://developer.github.com/v3/gists/ Gits api can help to bring this feature to life.
When recording a macro it would help if it also recorded F3 (finds). I frequently need to find a token (like and underscore) and delete everything before it.
Would be awesome to be able to debug PHP code within Sublime Text. xdebug provides breakpoint support. Basically need a way to place breakpoints, highlight the line, etc...
So either built in support for xdebug, or the means for a plugin to respond to placed breakpoints and display debug data.
In Notepad++, clicking View > Show Symbol > Show All Characters produces the following:
- Spaces are materialized with dots
- TABs are materialized with right arrows
- CR/LFs are displayed with CR/LF icons
- Probably more cases that I'm not aware of
Is there a way to replicate this behavior? I am currently working with big painful CSV files (Excel or CSVEasy are not options), and seeing all the characters is invaluable here.
Thanks for your help.
Kundesupport af UserEcho