Syncing settings files and plugins list with Gist
This feature will provide possibility to sync your settings' files and plugins-list.
I propose to use Gist to synchronize all the stuff.
http://dabblet.com/ give me a cue to use Gist to store text blocks for using from different computers.
Sync work is including several steps (method's logic was taken form google chrome sync):
- You provide your github accounts info (mail and password).
- Sublime Text 2 (ST2) connects to Gist and downloads all settings and full-detailed list of plugins used by you (list of downloaded, installed, enabled, disabled plugins).
- ST2 overrides your current settings (settings used before sync) with settings from Gist, then adds to syncing setting non-conflictable sections of code.
- After applying syncing to your current config settings will be sent to Gist again to sync re-formed settings.
- Syncing list of plugins is similar to syncing settings.
Note #1: ST2 should provide github's account data hiding (not posting this section of config) from posting to Gist
Note #2: http://developer.github.com/v3/gists/ Gits api can help to bring this feature to life.
Kundesupport af UserEcho