Sublime Text 2 is a text editor for OS X, Linux and Windows, currently in beta.

VFS -- virtual FS API

11 years ago 0

Considering there really no big "killer" features in ST3, I'd like to propose one, which might me a big extension to ST.

Virtual File Systems API should implement file I/O based on plugins. The end developer API could be taken from existing projects, e.g. FUSE.

Rationale

VFS would allow deep integration with different off-site (not local) file editing without sacrificing any time for I/O waits. While there are lots of file system wrappers (e.g. FUSE), the implementation inside ST would benefit from higher integration with text edition and navigation tasks.

There is also a number of companies which use ST in corporate environments with high security requirements (e.g. no source code should be saved to local storage). VFS capability would allow to use ST in such environments.

End users would benefit from plugins for FTP, SFTP integration with file browser.

Virtual representations would also be possible. Consider a VFS based on class hierarchy with method definitions as leaves.

All this requires minor modifications to UI, but deep modifications to I/O core.

Fadeout horizontal overflow

Dušan Maliarik 12 years ago updated 12 years ago 1
Currently the the subtle shadow that appears on the side, if line is wider than column width, only works with dark color schemes, rendering a fugly drop shadow in the bright ones. IMHO it should fade out to whatever is the current background color instead.

Regex find to use groups e.g. textBefore(.+)textAfter

Vlad Svoka 11 years ago 0

Reges find does not using groups. It just ignores () in search token.

Both Sublime 2 and 3. It would be nice if parenthesis are used, find would select/replace only terms in search groups, and FindAll would select only text in founded groups

python build results line jumping needs extra match group

Neville Bagnall 12 years ago updated 12 years ago 0

Change

"file_regex": "^[ ]*File \"(...*?)\", line ([0-9]*)",

to

"file_regex": "^[ ]*File \"(...*?)\", line ([0-9]*)([0-9]*)",

And file:line jumps work.

Automatic * when we press enter for comments

Hari K T 12 years ago updated 12 years ago 0
1 )

/**
 */

Automatic * in new line when we press enter for comments inside /** and */

Robert Shearin, MD

timshearin 10 years ago 0

http://www.wellness.com/dir/2195234/pediatrician/md/chevy-chase/robert-shearin-capital-medical-group-md

Om Robert Shearin, MD Robert Shearin, MD praksis som en børnelæge i Chevy Chase, MD.Robert Shearin, MD uddannet fra Univ Of NC Chapel Hill Sch Of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 27599.

primær specielle børnelæge
praksis Capital Medical Group
uddannelse Univ Of NC Chapel Hill Sch Of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 27599
træning Walter Reed Army Med Ctr, Pediatrics, Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, Pediatrics

TJENESTER
Robert Shearin, MD giver pædiatrisk pleje på 5530 Wisconsin Ave Ste 1125, Chevy Chase, MD 20815 i Chevy Chase, MD 20815.
Børnelæger yde omfattende pleje til spædbørn, børn og unge. De er i stand til at diagnosticere og behandle sygdomme, skader, betingelser og udviklingsmæssige spørgsmål.
Hvis du vil vide mere, eller at lave en aftale med Capital Medical Group i Chevy Chase, MD, kan du ringe (301) 907-3960.

Quick Add Next Wraps

colinta 12 years ago 0
I do not like "selection wrapping", I always have it disabled.  But in the most recent build, when I use "Quick Find Next", it wraps to the top of the file anyway.

Ability to configure different key bindings with right and left cmd/option/ctrl key

Ying-Chi I 11 years ago 0

Currently Sublime Text 2 has the ability to configure all keybinding using cmd/option/ctrl keys. But both the right and left cmd/option/ctrl keys are interpreted as the same key.

It would be nice to be able to, for example, assign cmd_L + C to copy and cmd_R + C to something else entirely.  

Thanks,

Connie

Emacs-style self documentation

Timo Varis 12 years ago 0

In emacs you can use describe-function to tell where function code is located, to what key is it bind on, and how is it used (parameters etc.). This kind of functionality would greatly enchance user experience in ST2 also.

For plain text it should fix spelling errors/

Kyle Bladen 12 years ago 0
For fixing the spelling errors one might make while writing something in this.