I work as a programmer for more than 10 years and I was never able to find an editor that I want. Before a month I came across Sublime Text 2 and I liked it from the first try - it was just all I was looking for all the time :)
I want to thank you - you have made a great editor!
Here are the things that I liked the most:
- it is light - not like eclipse which is freasing all the time
- has great color schemes
- great search and replace with regex
- sublime's plugins are a lot useful than those of eclipse which are almost all made for java and not for other languages
Here are the editors I've tried:
- eclipse - too heavy and bloated a the java it is written by
- nodepad++ - in the beginning it looks good but when I worked with it for a while I found a lot of features that are broken or missing - one thing that is better than sublime text is that it has it's package manager inside the editor - you don't have to install it as a plugin which makes things a little bit harder for the non technical people
- jedit - very good editor with a lot of useful plugins but guess what? - it is written in java again :(
I hope that my comments are helpful to you and keep the good work.
Customer support service by UserEcho