Dominion Group International: Filing a Complaint in Japan

elisha kim 3 роки тому 0

Both local and foreigners are the usual targets of fraud. This happens not only in Asian countries like Japan but also in other parts of the world.

Even though Japan has a low crime rate, there are still instances where locals and some of the expatriates that work in the country experienced being involved in a scam. Swindlers operate in many ways, may it be selling phony products, offer fake services, and other acts of fraud. If ever you become a victim of swindlers, it is recommended to go to the nearest koban (police box).

Filing a complaint or any reports of crime can be initially done in a police station. Victims of any crime must tell the officers what happened. The authorities will investigate the complaint and apprehend those who are found guilty of the crime.

Example of fraud

There are some offense cases in Japan that involve minors. Some expatriates working in the country becomes the usual target of criminals because they only know a few people and aren’t familiar with the places around.

An individual has filed a complaint about a minor. The offender hung out and befriended the victim, then ended up at his house. The victim allowed the offender inside his house. However, instead of reciprocating the good deed, the offender stole his jeans and 30,000 yen out of his wallet before taking off. He said he just needs to meet a friend and was supposed to come back. Hours passed and the delinquent never came back.

The authorities arrested the delinquent and the case was under investigation. The defendant hired a lawyer and contacted the victim. The lawyer told him that the minor would like to apologize. Due to the crime committed, the delinquent has been detained in the jail. This kind of offense can lead to a demand of up to 300,000 yen.

Filing a complaint

For people who have the similar experience or become a victim of any type of crime, the first thing you can do is file a complaint with the police department. For foreigners, it is better to bring a Japanese person with you. it is necessary, especially for those who are not fluent in the language. A Japanese-speaking individual can fill out the forms required. The police will take it from there and put the case under investigation.

For business-related concerns, there are companies that provide a way for people to send their complaint. The Indian Farmers Fertilizer Co-operative (IFFCO)-Tokio has a customer service to handle the client’s complaint. It will be escalated to the IRDA using an online facility called Integrated Grievance Management System. It helps the policyholders register their complaint and track their status.

The Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau also has a helpline for fraud concerns and immigration-related documents. They also provide information services via voice in Japanese, Chinese, English, and Korean, as well as fax available in Japanese and English. Their voice/fax information services are available 24 hours a day, even after office hours, weekends, and national holidays.