Philipp 6 years ago 0
Sublime 2 looks a lot like Chrome which I appreciate very much.

However, because the two look alike, I also expect Sublime to work like Chrome in many regards.
For example:

CMD + t should open an empty document in a new tab
CMD + n should open an empty document in a new window
Dragging the last tab from an empty window should close it

When I close a tab, the next tab should slide over so that its close button is exactly where the close button of the previous tab was (Chrome does this). Right now, when I want to close multiple tabs, I have to reposition my cursor after each click. This is not optimal.

There is probably a lot more that Sublime could learn from Chrome. An "app store" for user generated extensions would be great as well.
whoru 4 years ago • updated 4 years ago 0

There is no way to edit files on a headless system.

William Ledoux 5 years ago • updated by Darin Morrison 5 years ago 2
Hi there,

The new italic rendering of text  does not work with the font I use, making the text unreadable.
Each italic character seems to take double the space, as you can see on the screenshot below:

The font is HobTiny, you can download it for free: 
http://dr-hoiby.com/res/HobTiny.php
I think it only works on Windows.

Thanks for the amazing work
William Ledoux
陪心看海 5 years ago 0

请问有办法支持gbk编码吗?

Carol Magdalein 5 years ago 0
Every time I open a file from Finder (Mac, obviously) I have to choose ST2 manually. I'd like to just open any text-based file in ST2 automatically.
Winston Chang 5 years ago • updated 5 years ago 1
I tend to keep a lot of files open at once (often 10 or more), and this makes it difficult to read the filenames in the tabs. 

It would be nice to be able to show the open files in the sidebar, or at least have some way of listing them vertically (as opposed to horizontally) so that the filenames don't have to be truncated.

If they are in the sidebar, there will have to be a way to separate them from the folder view, of course. Maybe the open file list could go above the folder view?
Frag Chavez 5 years ago 0
It would be nice for the "Switch Project In Window..." options to be a little easier to read.  The style is nice, but perhaps a more readable color for the primary name of the project as it is difficult to read through a long list of these with the scales of gray that are currently in use.
Matt Harzewski 5 years ago • updated 5 years ago 0
On OS X, the general convention is for open/save dialogs to automatically retain the user's chosen view style instead of reverting to a default one like Sublime Text 2 currently does. (I tend to prefer the Column view myself.)
Answered
Denis Tomilin 6 years ago • updated by Jon Skinner 6 years ago 1
I know Alt+num = split screen modes.
Shift+Ctrl+num = move file into different group.
Ctrl+num = move focus to different group.
But how i can move focus on different tab in current group?
Answer
Jon Skinner 6 years ago
20110203 now has a menu (File/Switch File) that lists the different commands to switch files.

You can switch directly to a tab via Alt+<number> on Linux and Windows, and Command+<number> on OS X
aristidesfl 6 years ago • updated 6 years ago 2

Pulkit Mehta 4 years ago 0

Quickview. When you click on a html element the css code correspondent should appear and vice versa. Good example is adobe code

You can add make a plugin for string functions.for example lenght calculate, substr , md5 ,  ...

Completed
Jesse Squire 6 years ago • updated by Jon Skinner 6 years ago 1
I would be interested in an option to allow a new (blank) document to be opened by default when there were no documents from the previous session to restore.
Maciej Partyka 4 years ago • updated by jan otte 4 years ago 1

When I drag a file, there should be an option to create a new column view(such as in Visual c++ 2010,2011 and 2012)

Ricardo José 5 years ago 0
Hello,

Could you please add support for Fountain? There are other apps already supporting it, but not yet Sublime Text.
michelangelo giacomelli 5 years ago • updated 5 years ago 0
if i set "remember_open_files": false, when open a project file it not restore workspace, i would not sublime remember workspace but when use project should do
Not a bug
Mark Gray 5 years ago • updated by Jon Skinner 5 years ago 2
Fix the error where you end up with two cursors and anything you write or delete is deleted two places.
Dan Higham 5 years ago • updated 5 years ago 2
Only just started happening but every time I open a file no tab appears until I modify the file. http://vimeo.com/35984182
aristidesfl 5 years ago • updated 5 years ago 2
The double line layout is very hard to scan, and reduces the number of items displayable in the palette.
I would rather have single line items with the details in front of them, instead of under.

Btw, what are the numbers which appear to the left of files while searching?
FloFlow 5 years ago 0

In Dropbox my project folders, things are organized like that :

CLIENTS

-> CLIENTNAME

-> SUPPORT

-> CONTRATS

-> WEB

-> capture

-> decoupe

-> design

-> docs

-> HTML

And and my files for each clients are in these HTML folders so I add several projects I have many HTML folders, not really easy to manage isn't it ? :)

I think it would be awesome to have in addition of the actual rename function the possibilty to rename the folder but only for Sublime Text