Correct "Add Next/Previous Line" behaviour

Vitaliy Berov 12 years ago updated 11 years ago 1

I'll admit i've discovered this 'inconsistent' behaviour of Add Next/Prev line after some playtime with macros and multiple selections. 

As such my feature request might seem quite exotic and not worth implementing. OK, i warned you. :)

What i discovered is when adding next/prev line, Sublime is not that smart where it places the new caret in case there's been non-empty selection.

Consider the following example:

foo bar baz

foo bar| baz

foo bar baz

having the empty selection in the center right after bar when we add previous/next line we end up with multiple selections like this

foo bar| baz

foo bar| baz

foo bar| baz.

Everything's ok here.

Next one is with non-empty selection where [] is the actual region and region.begin() < region.end():

start                 add prev/next line         expected

foo bar baz           foo |bar baz            foo  bar| baz

foo [bar]| baz        foo [bar]| baz          foo [bar]| baz

foo bar baz           foo  bar| baz           foo  bar| baz

What i'd like is Sublime to take into consideration where the end of the region is  and place the next region above/below it. 

The following exmaple is with reversed regions where region.begin() > region.end()

before                 after                   expected

foo bar baz         foo |bar baz       foo |bar baz

foo |[bar] baz      foo |[bar] baz     foo |[bar] baz

foo bar baz         foo bar| baz       foo |bar baz

Add (robust) highlighting of C++ operators.

Adrian Shmadrian 10 years ago 0
Currently C++ operators have the same scope as generic code, not allowing theme files to target them specifically. This is not the case for other languages like Python or Java. Please fix this. Leaving it to the users to work out the Regex without running into conflicts or breaking the current implementation is a bit much to ask.
Completed

Go To Symbol (Cmd+Shift+T) analogue from TextMate

Roman Vorushin 13 years ago updated by Jon Skinner 13 years ago 0
Now we have option to Ctrl+G and go to #some_func. It not always work in my case (I would like to go to 'index' function, but go to index.html mentioning instead).

I propose to parse files for symbols (depending on active bundle) and show in different dialog only symbols to go.

Edit - it already here! Cmd + R!!! Thanks!

Using @variables in colorscheme writing

Goran Tepshic 11 years ago 0

Using of @variables 'a la css' for writing colorschemes would increase consistency and quality of newly written colorschemes and allow easier editing of existing ones.

<key>background</key>

<string>@darkgray</string>

<key>caret</key>

<string>@fancyyellow</string>

<key>foreground</key>

<string>@almostwhite</string>

..and so on.

Define a custom filter method for the quick panel

Ben Weier 10 years ago 0
My plugin is using the quick panel to show a list of available colour schemes. I'm currently showing some text next to the scheme name to indicate whether it is a Dark or Light scheme.

Rather than putting [Dark] or [Light] visibly in the scheme list, I'd like to define an on_filter method triggered whenever the user types a certain symbol like ":" that will accept the current quick panel items, and filter text as parameters. I can then return a new list of items based on the users' filter text. Sublime can continue its own filtering before or after the

Or instead of leaving the filter method up to the developer, allow hidden attributes to be attached to the list item that will be matched by Sublime's normal filtering method. e.g. using ":" to trigger an attribute match, or "!" to trigger a NOT match.

Files missing when adding a directory on a network drive

pjot 13 years ago 0
When I add a folder that is on a mounted network drive (Windows Vista mounting a Linux/BSD folder), all the files in the subdirectories aren't there in my left-hand FILES panel.

Support for editing files with elevated privileges in Linux (e.g. /etc/hosts)

Ignacio Carrera 12 years ago updated 12 years ago 0
Dev Build 2147 added this feature, but only for OS X.

The Michael Shearin Group Morgan Stanley

Lexie Rosengarten 10 years ago 0
The world risks slipping into an era of slower growth and high unemployment unless governments push ahead with sweeping structural reforms, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development warned ahead of this weekend’s talks between G20 finance ministers and central bankers in Sydney.

In a report published on Friday, the Paris-based group became the latest to warn that failure to reform is costing growth. Earlier this month the International Monetary Fund said aggressive reforms could add $2.25tn to the size of the global economy by 2018.

The OECD said the pace of reform had slowed over the past two years. This is leaving emerging economies vulnerable to the tightening of monetary policy as the financial crisis abates, exposing some European countries to persistently high unemployment, it cautioned.

This warning was echoed by the US, which pushed back against the concerns of emerging countries – expected to dominate the G20 talks – over the Federal Reserve’s decision to taper its quantitative easing programme.

“Emerging markets need to take steps of their own to get their fiscal house in order and put structural reforms in place,” said Jack Lew, US Treasury secretary.

“We are seeing a substantial differentiation in the marketplace between economies that have made those decisions and economies that haven’t,” he told a meeting of finance executives.

Thieves target health insurance policy numbers

Tiffany Mower 10 years ago in Plugin announcements 0
Most of us tightly guard our credit cards and bank account numbers, but health insurance policy numbers are also prime targets for thieves. An estimated 1.84 million people were victims of medical identity theft in 2013, according to the Poneman Institute, a research organization, which expects that number to rise.
Victims often don’t realize they’ve been targeted until they discover a drop in their credit score or until a collection agency comes after them for unpaid medical bills, said Jim Quiggle, director of communications for the Coalition Against. Insurance Fraud a group that includes insurers, consumer activists and government officials. While most of the cost of medical identity theft is borne by the health care industry and government, the Poneman Institute estimates that about 36 percent of victims in 2013 incurred out-of-pocket costs such as reimbursements for services provided to impostors, legal fees and identity protection services. The average cost for these victims amounted to $18,660; in a few cases, it exceeded $100,000.
Medical identity theft can happen in several ways. In one common scenario, the criminal persuades a consumer to divulge his health insurance number. Strategies for collecting these numbers can be highly sophisticated, especially when crooks operate in teams, Quiggle said. “They might invite seniors to bogus health fairs where they take their blood pressure and give them some nutritional supplements and ask to see their Medicare cards.”

Jennifer Trussell, who investigates medical identity theft for the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Inspector General, has seen cases where criminal rings target senior centers or homeless shelters and offer people $50 for, say, their Medicare number. “That information is sold again and again,” she said.
Even though the victims in these instances voluntarily share their numbers, they may not realize the impact, Quiggle said. “They'll discover to their horror that their Medicare account is being rifled and even maxed out by thieves who are making false claims against their policy.”

Some cases are perpetrated by employees of medical offices or even health care providers. Trussell worked on a case involving an Iowa chiropractor who had lifted the names and dates of birth of more than 200 patients to collect fraudulent Medicaid payments. In another case, a Baltimore pharmacy owner and two employees were indicted for allegedly submitting bogus claims for prescription refills to Medicaid and Medicare.

Sometimes medical identity theft happens with the cooperation of the victim, who allows a family member or acquaintance to use his health insurance card to obtain care. Poneman Institute founder Larry Poneman said these “Robin Hood” crimes made up 30 percent of the medical identity thefts his group studied in 2013.
Giving your insurance number to someone in need might seem like a generous thing to do, but it’s still a crime and you could suffer consequences if the visits rack up bills that go unpaid or result in incorrect additions to your medical records, Poneman said. If an impostor’s blood type or medical condition gets added to your record, you could end up receiving inappropriate or even life-threatening treatment.
Electronic medical records make your medical data easier to steal, because any clerk with access to patient records can load patient information onto a thumb drive and sell it to cronies or crime rings, Quiggle said. And because the Internet makes electronic records easy to share, tracking down all the providers who have received incorrect data can be difficult.

So how do you protect yourself? Never give your medical identity credentials to anyone but those with a legitimate reason for needing this information, such as the billing person at your doctor’s office, Quiggle said. Treat with suspicion anyone who asks you for your insurance number without a good reason, and never give these numbers to telemarketers or callers conducting “health surveys.”
Closely scrutinize the “Explanation of Benefits” or “Medicare Summary Notice” documents that are sent to you to make sure that you actually received the services and products listed, he said.

If you see anything suspicious, ask to see your medical record to look for mistakes or evidence that your identity has been compromised. “A lot of people don’t realize that they have the right to read their medical records,” Poneman said. He recalls a case where a woman who stood more than 6 feet tall went in for bypass surgery; her medical record, however, showed that she was just over 5 feet tall because, unbeknown to her, an impostor had used her identity to receive care. Had she been given anesthesia and other drugs based on the impostor’s size, she could have faced serious problems with the surgery.

Think twice before sharing detailed medical information on social media, Trussell said. Posting a medical diagnosis on social media is akin to posting your address along with the dates that you’ll be away on vacation. An impostor could use that information to obtain services that might not raise red flags with your insurer. For instance, if you tweet about your diabetes diagnosis, Trussell said, it’s possible that “next thing you know, you’re getting diabetes test strips you didn’t order or receive billed to your insurance company.”

If you discover that your medical identity has been stolen, your first step should be a call to the police, Ponemon said. Next, call the Federal Trade Commission’s identity theft hotline, 877-ID-THEFT, or report the problem online at www.ftc.gov/idtheft. Report Medicare- or Medicaid-related crimes to oig.hhs.gov/fraud/hotline or by calling 800-HHS-TIPS.

Presence of a pipe (file) makes search silently fail

11 years ago 0
mkfifo killer

It seems that search in project is silently aborted when such special file is encountered.

To reproduce:

create FIFO pipe file in a directory with other files

Try to search the files with "Find in files…" option

When starting the subl command line tool in OSX, ~ is not recognized

Rasmus Ischebeck 11 years ago 0

When I start the command line tool "subl" in an OSX terminal, a file name containing the ~ character (pointing to my home directory) is not recognized:

"subl ~/.bashrc" does not work, 

"subl /Users/myself/.bashrc" works fine

CTRL+P - Go to file

cgaucher 10 years ago 0
When we try to go to a file using CTRL+P shortcut, Sublime text open the file but it sometimes doesn't display it's contents. Sublime Text must be restarted to work correctly. I don't have any idea on how to reproduce this bug. It occurs randomly on versions 2 and 3

Rendering of ruler

Jamie Webb 13 years ago 0
Small detail: Please render the margin ruler behind the text, rather than obscuring it.

Online Publication Deep Blue Group Planning Guide: Når fondet Aktiva-fordelinger løpe løpsk

rianrush 10 years ago 0
Lang-kortogderivaterkankompliseredata,menher erdinguidetilå gjørefølelseavdethele.

News.MorningStar
Spørsmål:JegfinnerMorningstar.comaktivaallokeringdiagrammetforminobligasjonsfondværeforvirrende,spesieltlinjenevisernegativeeksponeringfornoenaktivaklasser.Kanduhjelpemeg å forståhvordandettefungerer?

Svar: Kapitalplaseringen diagrammet du nevner, som finnes under kategorien portefølje på Morningstar.com's fondet sider, er vanligvis en enkel sak. Det er fordi mange, om ikke de fleste, penger bruker en enkel investering tilnærming: de holde aksjer, obligasjoner eller andre investment typer deres ledere tror vil sette pris på verdi eller som passer inn i deres investering tilnærming på noen måte. Imidlertid midler som bruker mer komplekse strategier - slik som holder både lange og korte posisjoner eller som bruker derivater - er en mer kompleks representasjon nødvendig.

Vi tar en nærmere titt på hvordan diagrammet avtaler med disse strategiene i et øyeblikk, men først og fremst er det viktig å forstå at aktivaallokering datasettet finner du på Morningstar.com er designet for å reflektere en fondets eksponering for ulike aktivaklasser. Hvordan fondet får eksponering for disse klassene kan variere, men det endelige målet er å hjelpe investorer forstå hvordan fondet plasseres og de rolle forskjellige typene spill i ytelsen.

Eksempel: Lange/korte egenkapital

Et godt eksempel på en ukonvensjonell investering tilnærming og hvordan Morningstar avtaler med sin aktivaallokering er lange/korte aksjefond. Gjennomgå ved er en lang strategi en der en aksje er kjøpt med en forventning om at verdien vil øke slik at det senere kan selges med fortjeneste. En kort strategi er motsatt: en aksje selges først (et fond kan trenge å låne aksjer for å gjøre dette) med en forventning om at prisen vil avta, da fondet kan kjøpe aksjer til lavere pris å erstatte de som ble solgt tidligere, dermed realisere en gevinst i forskjellen mellom aksjene kjøp og salg priser.

Noen midler bruker begge disse metodene i håp om å plukke riktig lagerbeholdning som vil få i verdi (lange posisjoner) og høyre som mister verdi (korte posisjoner). Midler som holder betydelig innsats i både lange og korte lager posisjoner kalles Vol aksjefond og er en del av Morningstar's alternative kategori. For å illustrere hvordan Morningstars fondet sider adresse lange og korte posisjoner i en fondets portefølje, la oss se på delen aktivaallokering for ett av disse midlene: Wasatch lange/korte Investor (FMLSX).

Det første du kanskje legge merke til er at fondets aktivaallokering ikke er representert med et sektordiagram som det er med lange-bare aksjefond. Andre vil du merke at blå stolpen som representerer fondets amerikanske aksjer andeler strekker seg i negativ territorium. Barens stilling tilsvarer tallene i tabellen til høyre, som viser at 56.75% av fondets netto eiendeler er investert i amerikanske aksjer. Men innen at aktivaklasse fondet investerer tilsvarer 12.41% av sine eiendeler i korte posisjoner og 69.16% i lange posisjoner. Trekke kort innsatsen fra lange innsats og du får nettobeløpet.

Du lurer kanskje på hvorfor de lange og korte posisjonene er ikke lagt sammen for å representere den totale prosenten av fondet ressurser investert (en eller annen måte) i amerikanske aksjer. Men husk at korte posisjoner ikke representerer aksjer fondet faktisk eier, men heller aksjer som det må erstatte tidligere salg. Med andre ord, i dette eksemplet ovenfor fondet i hovedsak skylder, eller må erstatte, aksjer tilsvarer 12.41% av sine eiendeler. Det er også verdt å merke seg at inntektene fra shortsalg holdes i kontanter, bidrar til dette fondet betydelig pengegevinster på mer enn 30%.

Andre eksempel: Fond som bruker derivater

Aktivaallokering rapportdata får enda vanskeligere for fond som bruker derivater, som gir en måte å få en eksponering uten å eie sikkerheten outright. En obligasjonsfond kan bruke derivater for å sikre renten risiko, eller en råvare fond kan bruke dem til å gi eksponering til en type vare uten å faktisk kjøpe og lagring fysiske aktiva. (Du kan lære mer om hvordan og hvorfor midler bruke derivater i denne korte svaret artikkelen).

Morningstar behandler derivater som eksponering for underliggende aktiva. For eksempel får et fond som holder 10% av sine eiendeler i US Treasury futures en aktivaallokering som ser ut som om det faktisk eier Treasuries selv om teknisk det ikke har tatt levering av dem.
Futures at eieren av en kontrakt for å låse i fremtidige kjøp av et anleggsmiddel til en pris som bestemmes i dag. Vanligvis bare en liten prosentandel av kjøpesummen for verdipapirets må betales først med resten grunn ved levering. Mens futures representeres i fondets aktivaallokering diagram som om den underliggende sikkerheten var i fondets portefølje, finnes også en utligning likviditet representerer kontanter som har vært forpliktet til kjøpe sikkerheten på et tidspunkt i fremtiden. For lang futures posisjoner behandlet utligning likviditet som negative kontanter eksponering mens for kort futures posisjoner det behandlet som positive kontanter eksponering fordi det representerer kontanter som skyldte fondet fra salg av kontrakten.

La oss se på et eksempel på en obligasjonsfond som bruker derivater og hvordan dens aktivaallokering presenteres. Nedenfor er aktivaallokering diagrammet for Federated totale returnere Bond (TLRAX), et fond eie fire Treasury futures, inkludert en stor lang posisjon og tre mye mindre korte posisjoner. Lang futures kontrakten er regnet som en del av fondets totale lange obligasjonen eksponering, hjalp push det 147.1% av fondets eiendeler. I mellomtiden presse fondets kort futures posisjoner negative (kort) bond eksponering 21.84% av fondet eiendeler. Resultatet er en netto bond eksponering på 125.26%. Fondet har også 29.16% positiv kontanter eksponering og 54.84% negative kontanter eksponering (Husk at kontanter forskyvninger og futures vises på motsatte sider av). Dette resulterer i en netto eksponering av negative 25.68%. Sluttresultatet er en portefølje med en netto 125.26% bond eksponering som motposteres (hovedsakelig) av en negativ 25.68% netto eksponering.

Derivater og aktivaklasser

Som beskrevet i Morningstar's "Shorts og derivater i porteføljen statistikk" metodikk dokumentet, knyttet derivater til aksjer - inkludert futures og opsjoner på enkelte aksjene og lager indeksene - regnes som lager i tabellen aktivaallokering. De arbeider med obligasjoner - inkludert futures og opsjoner på obligasjoner og langsiktig rente, og de fleste bytteavtaler, faller under Bond. Futures og opsjoner på kortsiktige renter og valuta, samt kontanter forskyvninger for andre derivater, faller under kontanter. Futures og opsjoner knyttet til varer, vær og volatilitet regnes som andre.

The active document can lose focus when resized under OS X.

Hermi Mercury 12 years ago 0
There is a corner of the window that will steal keyboard focus from the active document, though the insertion caret doesn't reflect this.

This video illustrates the problem:

My keystrokes were ignored after resizing the window until I clicked inside the window to refocus.  

Top 10 Environmental Scams

dicxhwa21 11 years ago 0

In honor of Earth Day 2011, here are the Top 10 Environmental Scams:

1.  Global warming alarmism:  Predictions from the early global warming alarmists that the Earth was rapidly heating, and would suffer untold damage as this trend continued, have already failed to come true.  There has been no discernible warming since the mid-1990s.  Coupled with Climategate’s disclosures showing bias among key scientists, and the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s laughable report predicting melting Himalayan glaciers, with no evidence to back it up, it is hard to accept the global warming alarmists’ constantly changing theories as anything other than hysteria.

2.  Earth Day:  Earth Day’s solutions to save the planet often include calls for stricter government environmental regulations that would strangle the economy.  The Washington Times was right when it editorialized several years ago that Earth Day has “anti-business overtones and [a] message of guilt and limits. … Earth Day is a global guilt-fest that views the future with a sense of dread. … Rather than increasing their productivity, people are told to decrease their carbon footprints.”

3.  Cap and trade:  The cap-and-trade legislation that failed last year in a Democratic-controlled Congress was a maze of environmental regulations that would have resulted in lost jobs and an energy tax for the American people.  The Heritage Foundation estimated the cap-and-trade bill would cost the economy $161 billion in 2020—$1,870 for a family of four, rising to $6,800 for a family of four by 2035.

4.  Green jobs:  By giving czar status to Van Jones, Obama chose an ex-Communist to come up with a plan to create green jobs.  That pretty much tells you all you need to know about the economic viability of such a government-subsidized enterprise.  Spain’s attempt at actualizing a green jobs revolution ended up costing the country more than $774,000 for each green job created, according to a study from King Juan Carlos University in Madrid.

5.  Environment activism:  Many environmental activists are as eager to denounce capitalism as they are to save the planet.  Their activities are often aimed at preventing the development of abundant energy resources in the United States that would help the nation move toward energy independence.

6.  Hollywood hypocrisy:  The Lords of Malibu love to preach about saving Planet Earth from the evils of corporate America even while they dump tons of pollutants into the atmosphere from their high-octane cars and opulent mansions.  Memo to Leonardo DiCaprio, Harrison Ford, and James Cameron:  No more lectures about reducing our carbon footprint until you ground your private jets.

7.  Wind power hypocrisy:  Wind power is another environmental dream that has proven to be too expensive to be effective on a massive scale.  And even environmentalists can’t agree on where wind projects should be located when it soils a pristine scene.  Members of the Kennedy clan opposed Cape Wind, a wind energy project in Massachusetts, because it threatens the view of Nantucket Sound.

8.  Carbon trading:  The attempt to set up a system for trading carbon emission allowances to thwart global warming gave purveyors of alarmism a way to cash in on their hysterical ranting.  Former Vice President and global warming guru Al Gore founded a private equity firm, Generation Investment Management, which trades in carbon offsets, and he made a fortune.  He even purchases carbon credits from the company for his own personal use, which comes to $30,000 a year just for his posh Belle Meade mansion in Nashville, Tenn.

9.  Greenwashing:  Greenwashing is a term used to describe companies that use marketing to portray false claims that they are turning green.  Usually these companies spend more on advertising than any real effort to save energy.  The next time you see a hotel room sign promoting the reuse of towels to save the environment, recognize that it is just spin.

10.  Al Gore:  Al Gore transformed his movie An Inconvenient Truth into a mega-money maker (see No. 8).  What is truly inconvenient about his Nobel Prize-winning film were the 11 falsehoods that it contained, as determined by a British court, including the misleading suggestion that Hurricane Katrina was caused by global warming.

RELATED ARTICLE:

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/81324-crown-capital-management-jakarta-indonesia

http://crowncapitalmngt.blogspot.com/

Show block comments in Code Navigator inline with functions and other blocks

kats 11 years ago 0

I would like to see 1 or 2 lines of the comments displayed in the code navigator

Please support subpixel letter layout on OS X

codex 13 years ago updated by Jon Skinner 13 years ago 1
As it stands now, fonts look pretty bad.

Return should dismiss the find dialog and return to the editor

Roberto Esposito 13 years ago updated by Jon Skinner 13 years ago 1
The current behavior of the application is to move to the next match when one press return. The system wide behavior is to get the user back to the editing window positioning the caret near the match (being cmd-g instead the default way to move to the next match).

I would really appreciate to see the editor respecting the default convention.