In Notepad++, clicking View > Show Symbol > Show All Characters produces the following:
- Spaces are materialized with dots
- TABs are materialized with right arrows
- CR/LFs are displayed with CR/LF icons
- Probably more cases that I'm not aware of
Is there a way to replicate this behavior? I am currently working with big painful CSV files (Excel or CSVEasy are not options), and seeing all the characters is invaluable here.
Thanks for your help.
This is a similar feature with Atom, wherein whenever you edit a file, the folder path to that file and the file it self changes its color or gets highlighted. This helps the user to easily track his/her changes especially on a very congested project.
Keep the good work!
Maybe it's just me, but I find the current icon doesn't describe the application very well. From what I can tell, it's supposed to display that Sublime is focused on the middle of the window, ergo, the code.
A new logo and icon would add a new lease of life to it. Especially for advertising the new editor!
I'm not a designer myself so I wouldn't be able to do this myself. And like always, this is just an idea!
Ideally, my version in the User package dir would be the only one displayed.
I like to be upto date with the latest version, but forcing me to update by stopping my work, is probably not a right idea. Show a warning (subtle) message that there is a newer version, that you might want to upgrade, but do not disable already running version on my pc, because there is a newer One. I might be out of bandwidth, or might not have to time to update now, and Now I cant use the currently installed one...
- View direct feedback of code changes
- Display code as blocks inside a table, not multiple files as tabs (all your code visible in a single window, no need for switching tabs anymore)
- indentation_size/indent_level (integer): number of spaces to use to indent code, which is not the same as "tab_size"
- compress_spaces_with_tabs_on_indentation (boolean): to specify that spaces should be converted to tabs when you reach a certain level of indentation (e.g. 8 spaces compressed to 1 tab if tab_size=8)
Customer support service by UserEcho