Sublime Text 2 is a text editor for OS X, Linux and Windows, currently in beta.

Toggle comment shortcut removes other comments

Romain Goncalves 12 years ago updated 12 years ago 0
Situation : 
  • File type : .js
  • I have a class description comment at the start of my file :
    /**
     * Class description
     */
  • I have a big comment block at the end of the file (classic /* ... */)

How to reproduce : with that similar file structure, select multiple lines, and use the "Toggle Comment" shortcut (Ctrl+/ on my machine)

At first you think nothing has happened, and if you try it again, it will comment your lines. But what you may not have noticed is the effects of the first shortcut use : it removed the "/*" at the start the file and the "*/" at the end, causing execution issues.

I can reproduce the bug on 2 computers (build 2126 on one and 2181 on the other) with the same effects. Both computers use Windows XP Pro x86

unresponsive copying using Command+C shortcut in OS X

Eugene Wolfson 13 years ago updated by Jon Skinner 13 years ago 1

vintage mode: paste over visual selection

Michael Seiwald 12 years ago updated 12 years ago 0
It's currently not possible to paste over a visual selection like in Vim with 'p'. I works with Ctrl+v btw.

Support aliases in Goto Anything for lazier file access in large projects

Jocelyn Turcotte 12 years ago updated 12 years ago 1
I'm usually working with projects containing a lot of files, and to make sure that the file I want gets to the top I have to type most of the file name which is around 10 to 15 characters each time I want to open a file.

So it would be cool to be able to configure aliases which would also show matches for the aliased text.
For example if I have a directory structure with the following path under the project directory, containing 10 files:
dirA/dirB/dirC/dirD/<10 files here>

Then if I could alias "dd" = "dirA/dirB/dirC/dirD/", I could get those files to the top just by typing "dd" + 1-3 chars of the file name for the one I want to open.
This would also allow aliasing a specific file's full path to a few chars to which I could append "@" to get a list of it's symbols immediately.

If the alias text is matched itself in some files path, those matches could also be shown in the list under the aliased matches (which I think should have priority to the top).

Add a Touch File Command

Suraj Reddy 12 years ago updated by lanzz 12 years ago 1
It'd be helpful to press a button to "touch" a file/update it's last edited date.

This is very helpful for rails testing where you have a process watching a file for changes that runs a test whenever the file changes.

Sometimes you want to re-run the test without actually changing a file.

Westhill Consulting Jakarta What You Need to Know About Ipo Investments

annette cerise 10 years ago 0
(1888 PressRelease) Westhill Consulting is an international financial advisory firm based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Below is a guide to Initial Public Offerings (IPO's) intended to simplify the jargon and remove the fear that IPO's involve higher risk as compared to usual investments.

Westhill Consulting is a market leader in the Financial Services category. Here is a guide to Initial Public Offerings (IPO's) intended to simplify the jargon and remove the fear that IPO's involve higher risk as compared to usual investments.

Westhill Consulting is a reputable investment advisory firm based in Jakarta Indonesia, dedicated to providing you the most advantageous investments based on how you want your portfolio managed for the private middle market.

You might be wondering how you can increase the profits you make from your market investing strategies. If you're searching for the most profitable forms of investing that are available today, you should definitely investigate the possibilities of using Initial Public Offering (IPO) investments.

A simple description of an IPO includes the fact that you're buying a business that is just entering the open marketplace. The moment the IPO is released to the public is the first time anyone has the ability to buy the company openly, and this will surely give you a good idea on where the stock itself resides when it comes to the value of the offering. You can wage it is preparing for a large rise in its value because they are just releasing their stock to the public.

Though most of the Initial Public Offering stocks skyrocket after they are first released, you must keep in mind that they are hardly a definite investment. Because of this, there are several factors you must definitely examine before you place your capital into this type of investment.

One of the first factors you must take into consideration before investing into the stock you are interested in is the basic fact that once the stock is available on the market you can't guess if there will be a great deal demand or a total lack.

Because of this, you must do your best to ascertain every bit of information available about the company before making a purchase.

As you comb the market for the best IPOs available today, you must consider the fact that IPOs are usually offered only to the market when a company plans on expansion. There are other instances where companies only want to increase their ability to borrow capital, but IPOs are mostly released to increase the amount of funds they have available for expansion plans.
It may look like a company which is preparing to expand is a sure bet on the stock market. However, that is not really the case. IPO stocks are usually considered as high-risk investments. That is why if you want to secure your investments to a degree, you must explore the overall performance of the company's operations in the long run.

When you have analyzed the essentials of the company you are interested on, you must also try to guess where the capital generated from the IPO will be used by the company. If you think the company's only choice is to put their capital into expansion activities, you can be sure that the stock value will increase over time because of the expanding capabilities of the business operation. As you examine the essentials of the company and estimate where the capital will be going once the IPO is sold to the public, you can make a reasonable evaluation of how the stocks are going to fare in the future. Being one of the top advisory firms in the industry, we gain the confidence of our clients by acting with integrity on all our business decisions.

Westhill Consulting practices a specific valuation procedure to determine how much a profitable business is worth and determine possible market opportunities.
http://www.westhillconsulting.com

Private Detectives and Investigators

skyeschmeitz 10 years ago 0
Koyal Private Training Group
What Private Detectives and Investigators Do
Private detectives and investigators find facts and analyze information about legal, financial, and personal matters. They offer many services, including verifying people's backgrounds, finding missing persons, and investigating computer crimes.

Work Environment
Private detectives and investigators work in many places, depending on the case. Some spend more time in offices doing computer searches, while others spend more time in the field conducting interviews and performing surveillance. They often work irregular hours. About 1 in 5 were self-employed in 2012.

How to Become a Private Detective or Investigator
Private detectives and investigators mostly need several years of work experience in law enforcement. Workers must also have a high school diploma, and the vast majority of states require private detectives and investigators to have a license.

Pay
The median annual wage for private detectives and investigators was $45,740 in May 2012.

Job Outlook
Employment of private detectives and investigators is projected to grow 11 percent from 2012 to 2022, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Demand for private detectives and investigators will stem from security concerns and the need to protect confidential information. Strong competition can be expected for jobs.

Similar Occupations
Compare the job duties, education, job growth, and pay of private detectives and investigators with similar occupations.

More Information, Including Links to O*NET
Learn more about private detectives and investigators by visiting additional resources, including O*NET, a source on key characteristics of workers and occupations.
Fixed

Layout group resize broke in 2118

U N. 13 years ago updated by Jon Skinner 13 years ago 1

When choosing any layout, except "Single", and trying to drag the grip separating the groups, one of the groups collapses and remains hidden. Specific to SE2 2118

Improve view.sel() documentation

Aparajita 13 years ago 0
Currently the documentation does not suggest any way to directly set the current selection of a view. I finally tried modifying the result of view.sel() directly. To help others avoid the same mistake, please add the following sentence to the document for view.sel():

Modifying the RegionSet returned by this command directly modifies the current selection of the view.