+273
posted by Mattcdavis1 , updated 5 days ago , 23
"Switch Project" dialog shows deleted projects and there is no way to remove these items from the list or modify the path so that it points to the new .sublime-project file directory in cases where the project file has moved.  

Also, it would be nice if the project switcher worked for projects that are currently open.
Vote
+2
Ditto on problem. (Keeping the thread alive, in hopes that someone answers this with a solution.)
+12
I did come across a partial solution from a user in my google+ stream.  if you go to Project > Recent Projects > Clear Items that will at least get rid of projects that no longer exist.  It's not an ideal solution though, because then your project switcher list is empty until you reopen the projects.  What I would like to see is the ability to set a path to a sublime projects folder and then whatever projects are in that folder are what shows up in the project switcher list.
This worked instantly. All I then needed to do was re-open all the projects I used and only they appeared in the quick-switch list.
+1
I'm having the same problem. A solution would be cool.
Came across this exact issue and would love a more granular way to clear out projects.
+2
Why is this not answered? This is really an annoying issue.
+26
Ok. I've found a solution.
- Close sublime.
- Go to sublime preferences folder and open Session.sublime_session file with another editor.
- Remove the unwanted project from this file.
-  save and re-open sublime and it will be fixed.
+5
That works great - thanks!  For anyone on Windows (64 bit) the path is:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Settings\Session.sublime_session

+5

On a mac it is:

~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Settings/Session.sublime_session

+8

On Mac OS X .. open

~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Settings/Session.sublime_session" 

Then find the section

"recent_workspaces"

I was sick of having my switcher cluttered, so I wrote a plugin to clean up this file. The plugin cleans up the file fine, but this seems to be stored in memory be sublime text and I haven't found a way to modify it. Then when you close sublime text, the changes made to the file are overwritten (rendering this plugin useless) :(

If anyone knows how to get at this data in sublime text while it's running, I'd love some help on the plugin, check it out on GitHub.

Sublime 3, goto Projects->Open Recent, there is a clear menu.

Yeah - see my comment from a couple of years ago below:

"I did come across a partial solution from a user in my google+ stream.  if you go to Project > Recent Projects > Clear Items that will at least get rid of projects that no longer exist.  It's not an ideal solution though, because then your project switcher list is empty until you reopen the projects.  What I would like to see is the ability to set a path to a sublime projects folder and then whatever projects are in that folder are what shows up in the project switcher list."

That is an option, but a poor solution because you really want to maintain valid projects and remove invalid ones.

I hope the fix for sublime 3 works because this is really annnoying in ST2. Everything is such high quality and this is just clumsy.

+3

+1

this is absolutely annoying.

On a more general note, an actual project manager UI would be great to have.

As of right now handling projects (adding, removal, editing, etc) is one of the worst things I noticed in Sublime.

Yes, this aspect of ST is a bit crufty for an otherwise polished product. +1 for a better solution.

The workaround isn't particularly elegant. +1 for this issue.
Folders tree in sidebar annoys me when i am working on a regular file and not on a project. There should be option to close it.
I'm on dev build 3061 and it is still a problem.