+52
COMPLETED
posted by Matheus O. Cândido , updated 2 months ago , 13
In the beta version, when you hide the menu bar, you can't show it again. Your could use a keyboard shortcut to show or hide the menubar more easy, like F10 on Windows Live Messenger
Vote

Answer

+3
ANSWER
COMPLETED
Pressing alt will show the menu again, in the same manner as firefox
+3
ANSWER
COMPLETED
Pressing alt will show the menu again, in the same manner as firefox
+28
  • Many thanks, so simple but impossible until you know how!
+13

I agree with John C Blais, The first time I disabled the menu I had to re-install sublime text, lol.

+3

It saved my life, bro lol

+2
It does not bring menu back at Debian + Xfce. I needed to remove "~/.config/sublime-text-3" directory in order to reset my settings.
You can revert/review this and other settings in ~/.config/sublime-text-3/LocalSession.sublime_session
+33
You could ctrl+shift+p -> toggle menu.
+2
Thank you. ALT didn't work here on Arch (it does in Firefox!) in Sublime Text but your tip did work.
+3
Here is the simplest of shell scripts I use to show/hide the menu:

#!/bin/sh
# ~/bin/subl_menu_visible.sh - Show/hide Sublime Text 3 Menu
if [ "$1" = "true" ]
        then echo "Turninng ON menu_visible"
elif [ "$1" = "false" ]
        then echo "Turninng OFF menu_visible"
else
        echo "Nothing changed! Use true or false as argument!"
        exit 1
fi
sed -ri "s/\"menu_visible\": [^,]+,/\"menu_visible\": $1,/" ~/.config/sublime-text-3/Local/Session.sublime_session

Save it to a directory of your PATH and make it executable. Then, to show the menu, quit Sublime Text 3, type subl_menu_visible.sh true on the terminal and restart Sublime Text 3. Use subl_menu_visible.sh false to hide.

If you have a better idea for a script, please share!

I hope it helps =)
+9
I set a key mapping (ctrl+alt+m) to show and hide the menu.  If your menu is hidden then do the ctrl+shift+p -> 'View: Toggle Menu' to show it again.  Then 'Preferences / Key Bindings - User' then I added the following (between the brackets [ ] there may be other bindings so don't delete them...)
  { "keys": ["ctrl+alt+m"], "command": "toggle_menu" },
Then save the file and then pressing this or whatever key binding you choose will toggle the menu on or off.
You can look in 'Preferences / Key Bindings - Default' to search and make sure your key binding isn't already configured.
+1
After reading this I realized that I unnecessarily removed my settings.
This was super handy... thankya
+1
Little snippets like this make my life easier.