+54
COMPLETED
posted by Matthias Käppler, updated 4 months ago , 17
In TextMate, hitting CMD+SHIFT+R on any open file will reveal it in the project file tree, so that you can immediately see where it's located.

I really, really miss this feature in Sublime; reveal in Finder does not cut it for me, since I don't want to leave the editor to change file names and stuff.
Vote

Answer

ANSWER
COMPLETED
There is an entry in the context menu for this as of build 2091
+1
This feature would be really sweet for frameworks where you can combine Goto-Anything to get to the controller and then Reveal so you can quickly see all of the view, config, and other related files.
This is the one thing I miss from TextMate. I often find myself wanting to get to a file that I know is in the same or nearby folder as the current file, or to add/delete/rename a file in the same directory. I often just like to see where the file is in the hierarchy (viewing the file path doesn't cut it for me).
+10
It has been implemented as a context menu item in the latest build ("reveal in side bar")
+1
It's nice to see it getting implemented but it's not quite useful yet. It needs a key binding and it needs to highlight the file in the sidebar. Right now it's a bit tedious to use and very random where the file appears in the sidebar.
+3
Is it possible to bind a key shortcut to context menu items?  How can I do that?  I also think that the file needs to be highlighted in the side bar.
+19
Thank you for the awesome update and for implementing this. I agree with Jacob & Scott that the file really needs to be highlighted in the sidebar. I usually have a ton of folders/files open in the sidebar, and it takes a bit of searching to see it in the list.

As for a key binding, Scott & Jacob, just add this to your user key bindings:
{ "keys": ["super+shift+r"], "command": "reveal_in_side_bar"}

+1
Awesome editor! But even with reveal_in_side_bar im missing the visual feedback. The open file is only selected in the "Open Files" tree part but not in the file tree itself. Can this be implemented?
ANSWER
COMPLETED
There is an entry in the context menu for this as of build 2091
+3
It's only in the sidebar if you right click inside the file window, not the tab or the filename in the "Open Files" list. A bit awkward.
+8
While this new feature is indeed working. In large projects where the open file is not visible in the project file tree, the keybinding/command appears to do nothing. It is only upon manually scrolling the project file tree does it become apparent that the file has indeed been selected.

It would a very welcome augmentation to this feature if the project file tree could be scrolled automatically to cause the revealed file to be visible without manual user intervention.
+2
The fastest I can see the revealed file without using the mouse (if the folder tree is already open) is to [Reveal in Sidebar binding], [ctrl+0] (focus on sidebar), [arrow up/arrow down]

But I agree, it would be nice if this was the default behavior when you run the reveal in sidebar command
Kevin, this only works with files which haven't been "double-clicked" on to appear as tabs. I just tried your combination of keyboard shortcuts and files which are opened with tabs get shown in the Open Folders section.

+4
The thing I don't like about SyncedSideBar is that sometimes, I don't need (or want) to show the file in the sidebar — that results in having your entire tree open which just gets messy and makes it even harder to find your file.   

I much prefer using the reveal_in_side_bar key binding to show the ones I want to show — which does bring it into view the first time you open it... 
+1

Thanks for the tip Brad! Works beautifully in ST3 as well!

{ "keys": ["super+shift+r"], "command": "reveal_in_side_bar"}

Even though I'm really late to the party here, I had the same issue/need to have this feature on Sublime so I wrote my own (really tiny) plugin to use on my daily basis, the point Kevin mentioned is exactly my current workflow.

Anyway, here it is https://github.com/miguelgraz/FocusFileOnSidebar
Hope it can be of any use =)