+239
Asfalt boy 4 years ago • updated by Micheal kris 8 months ago 14
Right-To-Left Languages like Hebrew/Arabic aren't supported, this makes writing, for instance, Hebrew content almost impossible since all text is reversed.

This feature would insure that I'll buy this, otherwise, great editor.
+17

Also I Have This Problem And Here Is The Full Detail

Hello , could you please consider switch to `windows-1256` encoding .
+5

switching to "windows 1256" encoding make no difference .

Sorry , what i meant to say : adding windows-1256 to the encoding list , apparently it has been added in the last update  , sorry for this inclusion 
+6
Switched encoding to Hebrew windows 1255 but still the problem of text being left-to-right persists. To clarify the issue - words like "encoding" would appear for us as "gnidocne".
+9
The problem is that sublime does not support "Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm" http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr9/

To visualize the problem I'll add screenshot of a sentence in sublime text (wrong form) and the same sentence in Textmate 2 alpha (correct form)

+6
This would give sublime text an edge over other editors for RTL coders.
+10

I think you <!- sublime developers --> have to push in this ASAP .. Many coders here in MENA Region need RTL language support.

+4

I can't see myself switching to any other editor for the time being, so it would be great to have RTL implemented.

Many thanks for the efforts. This does help in correctly shaping selected text, and will do as temporary measure till the Sublime team build this functionality into the editor.

+4
There are like 10 feature requests for this request with total votes of more than 600. Please, don't miss this feature from SublimeText 3.0!
+6
Please pay attention. There is a bunch of developers exists which loves sublime but the only issue that prevent them to migrate to this lovely editor is the lack of RTL support for Persian and Arabic languages. Please consider this issue on the next updates or versions.
+1
I made a fix to the sublime text bidi plugin work on sublime text 3, 
https://github.com/imdark/Sublime-Text-2-BIDI