+77
posted by Chip Collier , updated 1 year ago , 14
Sublimetext doesn't appear to be compatible with a widely used enterprise Linux. I can't use this for work in that case.
Here is the output of ldd:

$ ldd sublime_text | grep not
./sublime_text: /usr/lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by ./sublime_text)
./sublime_text: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by ./sublime_text)
./sublime_text: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by ./sublime_text)
        libgio-2.0.so.0 => not found
Vote
+10
I worked around this by compiling my own versions of a whole pile of libraries - most notably GCC 4.6 for libstdc++. Please, if you can't release source code, statically link everything.
+4
I also would like to use this editor on RHEL5. Can you release a portable version for Linux?
+6
I would also like to use this at home (Mac and various Linux) and at work (RHEL5 / RHEL6).  Statically linking would be the best solution.
+2
Same here libgio-2.0.so.0 not found on SuSE (SLED10). Please create a statically linked version of Sublime Text 2
Argh it's got worse. Lastest version is no longer compatible with my libc...
+4
Same problem, I'm running on CentOS-5.  I will gladly pay for this editor but it needs to run on my platform.  Static link please?

Agreed - using SuSE 10.3 here and it's a shame not to be able to use it, especially since I use it as my primary editor everywhere else:

Downloads/Sublime Text 2> ldd sublime_text | grep not
./sublime_text: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by ./sublime_text)

+1

+1 -- I'd like to use this on RHEL 5.6 and/or CentOS

+1

I am also using CentOS-5 and will be happy to pay for this editor once it is compatible with this platform (statically linked).

+1

I am using Scientific Linux v5 and also ready to pay for the static build.

Tomek

+3

I am using CentOS5.7.  I would also pay for a static build.

+3

I am on CentOS5.7 also would pay for a static build

+4

Same here. Cannot run on a company Linux box

Please provide a static build and I'll be willing to  buy a license