+83
Chip Collier 4 years ago • updated by Jaewook Kim 6 months ago 17
Sublimetext doesn't appear to be compatible with a widely used enterprise Linux. I can't use this for work in that case.
Here is the output of ldd:

$ ldd sublime_text | grep not
./sublime_text: /usr/lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by ./sublime_text)
./sublime_text: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by ./sublime_text)
./sublime_text: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by ./sublime_text)
        libgio-2.0.so.0 => not found
+10
I worked around this by compiling my own versions of a whole pile of libraries - most notably GCC 4.6 for libstdc++. Please, if you can't release source code, statically link everything.
+4
I also would like to use this editor on RHEL5. Can you release a portable version for Linux?
+6
I would also like to use this at home (Mac and various Linux) and at work (RHEL5 / RHEL6).  Statically linking would be the best solution.
+2
Same here libgio-2.0.so.0 not found on SuSE (SLED10). Please create a statically linked version of Sublime Text 2
Argh it's got worse. Lastest version is no longer compatible with my libc...
+4
Same problem, I'm running on CentOS-5.  I will gladly pay for this editor but it needs to run on my platform.  Static link please?

Agreed - using SuSE 10.3 here and it's a shame not to be able to use it, especially since I use it as my primary editor everywhere else:

Downloads/Sublime Text 2> ldd sublime_text | grep not
./sublime_text: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by ./sublime_text)

+1

+1 -- I'd like to use this on RHEL 5.6 and/or CentOS

+1

I am also using CentOS-5 and will be happy to pay for this editor once it is compatible with this platform (statically linked).

+1

I am using Scientific Linux v5 and also ready to pay for the static build.

Tomek

+3

I am using CentOS5.7.  I would also pay for a static build.

+3

I am on CentOS5.7 also would pay for a static build

+4

Same here. Cannot run on a company Linux box

Please provide a static build and I'll be willing to  buy a license

Ditto. Give me a portable static build, I'll buy a license as I love ST2 & ST3, but having to build all these dependencies to run on Enterprise Linux really sucks.
Happily, ST3 works for me on RHEL6. 
Can anyone build the static version of ST2 or ST3 to run it on RHEL5 without GLIBC dependencies? Thanks,